Thursday, December 13, 2012

Kiddo Christmas Tree

Photobucket

While we are waiting for the newest Mr. Hebert to arrive, we've been keeping busy with some fun moments. This felt Christmas tree was fairly easy to make, and has provided Gracie with something new to do! I took cues from my friend Rachel's blog (see #3), and from another blog too.

I bought 3/4 of a yard of green felt fabric from Hobby Lobby, and then bought several fun colors of felt sheets (4/$1) and cut them out. I used white chalk to trace the tree (it's a little skinnier than I wanted at the bottom, oh well), and for the round ornaments, I traced around cups. I surprised my girl when she woke up from her nap and she was very pleased! (Her only complaint: "there's too much stuff on here, Mama.") Hey, at least she's got options!

I'm also an avid reader of this sweet blog, and she has lots of meaningful Christmas books and activities to share, including the darling felt nativity set.


No comments:

Post a Comment