Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Daddio's Day

Happy Birthday to my dear ol' Dad. He is the best. Really. I'm a Daddy's girl, but in the best sense. Over the years he's taught me how to (among many, many other things): ride a bike, love the Lord, wash and wax a car, fill up a tire, fill my gas tank, go fishing, ride horses, go camping, be kind to my elders, be a servant, take notice/awe of nature...that is just a short list. Gracie and I watched the video of our wedding today (her pick, and first time seeing it, after we looked through a few of the photos below, asking, "Mama, what party are we at?"). I still get teary when I see that moment when my Dad literally hands me over to Carl and there is a flood of all its meaning and symbolism – that he was giving me away! I'm still your little girl, Dad. We love you and cheers to many more!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment