Tuesday, February 1, 2011

20 Months

Photobucket

Grace and Carl shared some special father daughter time last Saturday – they took the bike out for the first time and practiced. There will be lots more of this in warmer months!

I always thought it was weird to hear babies' ages described in months, but now that I'm a mother, I completely understand! Each month marks a milestone, and Grace has already blazed past 20 months as I write this...

Her latest feats? New words since last month include owl, yucky, dirty, apple, key, coffee (cah-kee), cake. It's hard to keep track!

We started measuring her height on the same door my parents measured my brother and me, except the door's been painted over, so Grace has a blank slate.

She identifies countless things if you ask, like in her play kitchen, or in books. She loves to help in the real kitchen, throwing trash away (we don't have her taking it out to the curb yet, just little things like paper napkins or butter wrappers), and with help, she loves to stir whatever's on the stove for dinner. She holds our hands to say grace before meals, and even closes her eyes and bows her head sometimes (rarely – because she is so enticed by the food in front of her).

My personal favorite is the time right before a bath, when she knows it's time to take her clothes off and we let her run naked (and shrieking) to the bathroom/tub. Note to self: we'll have to get this on video!

No comments:

Post a Comment