Friday, January 21, 2011

Sleeping Beauty

Photobucket

There is nothing more precious than a sleeping child. Our baby is growing up. Nearly every day, I am startled by how different she looks. "They grow up so fast...," "You're getting so big!," "Time flies-" all of these are cliche because they are SO true!

We gave up the pacifier last week. I say we, because I truly believe it was harder for me than it was for her! We settled on some new habits, which we may or may not regret later. She has a bedtime routine, for sure – we just eliminated the beloved "paci."

We do bath time, which she seems to love, brush teeth (she seems not to love), then lotion, nighttime diaper, pajamas, comb and dry hair, drink of water, a few rounds of Pat the Bunny and Goodnight Moon, with favorite blanket, rocking chair and a lap. In the crib, she has a turtle that glows with stars projected onto the ceiling (cue Gracie's "woooww" here), her Gloworm which plays music and Sleep Sheep that mimics the ocean/white noise. All of these distract her and help her go to sleep.

Hopefully she will outgrow all this by the time she gets married.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I can't believe she is already off the paci - good job! My parents referred to it as a pluggie (hmmmmm - I wonder why?) and they couldn't pull it from my grip until I was like 3! they bribed me with a blue tricycle. :) She is growing up so fast - she looks so different in this pic - adorable!

    ReplyDelete